Uprooting yourself and family, packing prized possessions into boxes, organising mail and utilities transfers, and moving your whole life into a new house, apartment or unit is incredibly daunting and at times overwhelming.
Moving house can be an extremely daunting task and can take a toll on even the most organised individuals. The process of getting boxes, packing (making sure not to forget anything), cleaning, getting a van, etc.… Using a moving company can alleviate the stresses of moving but how exactly can one go about selecting a removals company?
There are a few tips and tricks to choosing a removals company that is best suited to your needs. Ask yourself the following questions when making your decision;
Where to start?
Choose a reputable removals company, check on the internet for reviews. Don’t be shy to ask around to find out what others think of certain companies (nothing beats word of mouth) this will help you make the right choice.
Use the internet to search for a company close to your area.
How to make a choice?
Choosing the cheapest removals company isn’t necessarily best. Remember that cheap isn’t always better. Choose a company that suits your individual needs, depending on how far you’re moving to, how much stuff you need to move, etc. Even though price is important it shouldn’t be the deciding factor. Quality of services, reliability and availability should also be equally as important.
What to expect from your removals company?
Regardless of size there are certain things that every removals company should have:
• Honesty. This is very important, you don’t want a company that will promise you the moon and the stars above and they only deliver the sand below your feet.
• Politeness. Having rude unruly movers will not help alleviate your stress in anyway, instead in will turn it into a nightmare.
• Reference. Companies should be able to provide you with reference if need be.
• Fairness. The ability of the company to handle your queries
• Moving Methods. People handling the move should be well trained and experienced in what they are doing.
Once you’ve made your decision there are certain things that you to provide the company with. Dates and details of the move are important. Do not understate or overstate the size of your move, as much as expect them to be honest, you need to be just as honest.
One company that offers its clients will all these and much more is Better Moves established in 1987 and based in Honeydew, Johannesburg. It is proud to be amongst the best removal companies in Gauteng.